Thursday, April 3, 2008

Helpless

Shortly after I wrote the previous blog, I got a call from my mom telling me that Charcey was not feeling well (my mom watches Charcey and Foster during the day). I asked her what she meant and she said that she was running fever. I left work early and rushed home to see my sweet angel. When I walked in to get her, I could tell immediately that something was not right...her eyes were so sad. She was running a 101.7 temp, had no energy, did not want to eat...just wanted to be held. For those of you who do not know Charcey, she is a wild women...never sitting still, and most definitely never wanting to held. Therefore, I knew she did not fell well. That night was horrible, her fever never broke. She only wanted to held by me. I had the bright idea of giving her a cool bath...which turned into a train wreck. That was not what she wanted to do at all. Yesterday morning she was not much better...still running a temp of 101.4. I ended up calling the doctor yesterday and she said to rotate Motrin & Tylenol every four hours and to push lots of fluids on her. She did finally eat some yogurt. By yesterday afternoon things were better, but not back to normal yet. The poor thing, she is never sick and to see her like this, just brought tears to my eyes. I think we are on the down hill now, she slept really well last night and seemed much better this morning.


You ask what caused this sudden elevation of temp and lack of energy....the MMR shot she received on Monday at her doctors appointment. The MMR (measles, mumps & rubella) shot is given for the first time at 1 year (at least ours was). Now I know it is better to have the vaccine rather than the real measles, mumps for rubella...but with all the technology we have and all the information that is available, you would think that they would find some way to not make the sides of this shot so drastic.


I have done some research on this subject and I have found that this shot is linked to a number of "problems". Now I am not saying that is shot is going cause any of these problems, I am just sharing information that I found: http://www.medinfo.co.uk/immunisations/mmr.html

No comments: